CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

American Idol -- Dollywood

I like Dolly Parton. You have to give her a lot of respect for being in the industry as long as she has and being as successful as she's been! That being said, I really HATE Artist Theme Weeks! And every year the judges are the most critical as they don't enjoy it either. WHY must we do this! Nobody really stood out to me -- but I tell you what. I hope David Cook stood out enough to not get voted off tonight in a sea of "Ehhhh"

David Archuleta - "Appalachian Memories" -- This is one of those vocalists where everything on the album will sound the same.
Syesha Mercado - "I Will Always Love You" -- Ups and downs during the song - but I still had tears. I just knew Simon was going to tear her apart. Nobody could do Whitney.... oh except Mr Archuleta.
Carly Smithson - "Here You Come Again" -- Was what it was. She went through the motions. I agree with Simon. Yes, we know -- you are the one with the tattooed arm. We got it. Can you wear SOMETHING with sleeves already!??
Kristy Lee Cook - "Coat of Many Colors" -- One of my favorite Dolly songs! I liked what she did. Funny thing about her is she takes what works the week before and duplicates it and hopes it works again. Will America buy it?
Ramiele Malubay - "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" -- Can she PLEASE be in the bottom three this week? Enough with the "cutsie" votes already!
Michael Johns - "It's All Wrong, But It's All Right" -- Chills! Loved the ending!!
Jason Castro - "Travelin' Thru" -- Nice job, Hippy. I actually liked this one.
Brooke White - "Jolene" -- Perfect song for her! I liked this one too.
David Cook - "Little Sparrow" -- Glad the judges liked it because I wasn't sold. I still have chills from last week to carry me through though.

My votes for Bottom Three:
Ramiele (for the love of everything!!)
Shyesha (for not being able to be Whitney incarnate. So sorry, Simon.)
Carly Smithson (for her wardrobe inadequacies)

(in denial over here, I WILL NOT PUT HIM IN THE BOTTOM!)

Voted off: Ramiele

0 comments: