CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Amazing Shopping Trip

First off .... this does not happen to me.
I get good deals at the stores from time to time, and to save 50% of my grocery bill is great. Today was just flipping INSANE!

I needed a prescription filled for Chelsie cat's eye drops. Meijer had a deal that if I got a new prescript filled they would give me a coupon for $25. off my next visit. Okay. Well first the bonus that Meijer's cost of the eye drops was $20. cheaper than Walgreens was the last time I filled it. Double bonus. Armed with this coupon (and others) here's my shopping trip.

  • 2 cases of Pepsi products
  • 3 bottles of ERA detergent
  • 3 bottles Ecederin Tension Headache (24 counts)
  • 1 bottle of salad dressing
  • 1 can of Sheba for Chelsie's birthday
  • 1 pork loin (3 meals)
  • 2 eggplants
  • 1 large tub of Ricotta Cheese
  • 2 gallons of milk
  • 2 2L of Sprite
  • 1 bag hot dog buns
  • 1 bag hamburger buns
After coupons total out of pocket -- UNDER FOUR DOLLARS!
I was floored! Completely and utterly! And mind you, I NEEDED the 'script anyway - and saved money on THAT to boot!

Of course, that savings gave us allowance to go out for a Birthday meal that I didn't think we would be able to afford. I went armed with my FREE birthday dinner from Houlihan's and my FREE ice cream from Coldstone Creamery saved us about $30.00. Good news -- I still didn't spend all the money that was in the envelope for this week's groceries! There's still some left!

How cool is THAT??!

1 comments:

Cookbook Queen said...

You've been tagged by me at DEBT SMACK!

http://debtsmack.blogspot.com/2008/04/7-random-things.html