CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

100th Post Blabber Fest

This is my 100th post on Debt Freedom Fighters
As I hit the NEW POST on my Blogger Control Panel today, I noticed that low and behold, I snuck up on my 100th post! Of course, a 100th post deserves great things like cake and balloons - however, I'm having morning coffee and the hair is in a funk and I have no make-up on so we'll just have to leave as "Oh Yeah! 100th Post! Whooo Hooo!" There I got that out of my system.

Who would have thought that Mariah Carey week would turn into Boys Night. Hats off to them. I was going to skip the show because I'm not a Mariah Carey fan and my opinion was it was a tactic to move the less talented girls forward another week. Again, I was wrong! This is becoming a habit that I'm not liking too much!

David Cook, “Always Be My Baby” -- Amazing. Thank you Simon for getting your head out of your butt this week! God, when this guy belts it I get goosebumps.
Jason Castro, “I Don’t Wanna Cry” -- It's Jason. Love him or you don't - he is who he is. At least he didn't have his "little guitar"
Carly Smithson, “Without You” -- Is she falling apart after her first trip to the bottom three or what? She's not near as vocally strong as she was early on. I think the eliminations are weighing heavily on her.
David Archuleta, “When You Believe” -- no comment.
Syesha Mercado, “Vanishing” -- good performance, I thought. But does she have the fan base?
Kristy Lee Cook, “Forever” -- After last week's Michael Johns elimination, I will never like another thing this girl does on this show. Her time was up weeks ago. At the start of the song she looked pained -- actually I thought she botched the words or something because her face contorted. LOL Alas, that was musical expression. Who knew?
Brooke White, “Hero” -- Hiding behind the piano again, Brooke? I don't know.... She's good but I don't see her selling a whole lot of albums.

My votes for the bottom three:
Carly, Brooke and Kristy

I'd be happy with any of them leaving....but particularly Kristy

It's just hair
If that was the truth why do women feel the need to spend so much money to look beautiful?
I spend my birthday money from my mom on a salon day. Cut, color, highlight and eyebrow wax. Exciting, huh? I wouldn't have done it without the birthday gift because I don't put that kind of money in an envelope for hair cuts. Truth be told, those little "natural highlights" as Shelley called them aren't being covered by box color for longer than a week. I'm not ready to start showing age yet.

Once I get camera batteries I'll start taking pictures - my camera has been dead since before Thanksgiving. UGHH!

The Big Announcement
Long and Short of the Motley Crue Major Announcement was that they are doing a Cruefest with the other bands on the music label that Nikki just got signed as President for. I don't want to see the other bands on the list - and I'm not much for the "fest" of these concert things. Turns into a long day of dealing with drunks. And if I'm not one of them -- I don't want to deal with them! LOL. Presales for the tour happened yesterday as I was out doing errands. It wasn't until 9:00 last night that I realized I even had a password for presales (without joining the Fan Club) from an email I'd received. At that point, the available seats were well away from the stage and I'm not interested in being anywhere but rows 1-4.

Good news is, the new album will be ready on time! JUNE!

Inner Brat
As you know, I still have the 2 debts left. This is the lowest debt I have had in quite some time, but still nothing to be proud of. It's dirty credit card debt.

My son (with his new driver's license) wants that car! Although, he has given up on my parental need to help fund this new adventure of his - he doesn't have a whole lot saved up. So what kind of car can you get? An old car with a whole lotta miles on it!

This is where my maternal inner brat kicks in. And unlike the child inner brat, I feel this one is worse because you almost feel justified. I started looking at used cars for me so I may be able to give him my old car while he saves up for a better car. My car has a lot of miles and I don't know how many miles she has left - but at least he wouldn't drain his savings to get her on the road. How about that for hair brained ideas?

I keep looking at that debt total and trying to figure out what I can do to eliminate it in like -- A WEEK! LOL

On the Workfront
Let the training begin! I am the coordinator of our training program. We do a major training blitz every spring to get the servers we need to contend with the summer tourist crowd. That means extra days and extra hours and even a touch of overtime which I don't see any other time of the year. Great! My paycheck soars up about $200 or more (bi weekly) I can't wait to see the extra money take down that damn credit card debt! It only lasts until mid June so I have to take advantage of it while it's here.

The dh's work is stable, but under new ownership who isn't quite sure how to get the ball to move in the right direction. There's a lot of side stepping, rethinking and hem-hawing going on over there. All that might lead to an end of his overtime. I'm hoping they rethink some more! LOL

Revolution Money Exchange
I just read that they've extended their free $25.00 offer to sign up until May 15th!
Interested in signing up - click the little box in the right panel. :)
THANKS!

Oh Man! Look at the time!
I have to get ready for work -- make that money!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.