CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol Top 11

Okay, was it the overkill of Beatles Night Part Two - because there was a lot of so-so performances last night. Little David redeemed himself and Brooke was one daisy chain away from Hippysville. I did enjoy David Cook, but I'm beginning to see that I'm become impartial - as I have him as my "favorite". The rest for me was "Blah, blah, blah!"

David Archuleta, “The Long and Winding Road” - Flawless, but I have to ask the Archuleta fans out there who are voting like mad for this kid -- What kind of album is he going to put out? It's the same thing I asked the Soul Patrol too. What genre does he belong to? He's a great singer - don't get me wrong but I just don't see where he fits in the whole scheme of the record business.
David Cook, “Daytripper” -- I couldn't disagree more with the judges. This guy is Daughtry reincarnate and they'd be wise to see that! Taylor Hicks vs Chris Daughtry -- should I go look up the numbers? Would I buy his album? YES!
Syesha Mercado, “Yesterday” -- Maybe it was me, but her voice sounded close to tears. Was that the point? The last few seconds I caught onto, but other than that -- it fell short in my eyes. I thought she looked fantastic though.
Brooke White, “Here Comes the Sun” -- Okay, she and Jason Castro should go run off and make hippie children together. She's not comfortable on the stage whatsoever UNLESS she's sitting down or hidden behind an instrument. She can record, but she won't be able to tour!
Ramiele Malubay, “I Should’ve Known Better” -- This was a mess. Cute kid, but not good.
Jason Castro, “Michelle” -- His face "sold the perfomance" are you kidding me? How did that happen? He's having fun -- so I'll leave him alone. I must be getting used to him, because I don't even consider him in my bottom three, but he's close!
Carly Smithson, “Blackbird” - Solid. She must have had fun for St. Pat's Day because I noticed a LOT more Irish accent to her speaking voice this week.
Michael Johns, “A Day in the Life” -- I'm starting to agree with the judges. I enjoy this guy, but he's starting to run in the middle of the pack considering I thought he was going to be walking away with this thing.
Amanda Overmyer, “Back in the USSR” -- had it's moments of greatness and it's moments of weakness. I disagree with the judges in their selecting her next song as a ballad because the last time they talked her out of singing her way -- they hated it and she was almost eliminated. Paula, for pete's sake -- Shut up!
Chikezie, “I’ve Just Seen a Face” -- Moments of train wreck and moments of Taylor Hicks - I'll pass... No thanks! Every other week theory in play again.
Kristy Lee Cook, “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away” -- you know, I'm still singing that song today - I didn't mind it as much I figured I would. But it's inevitable. Her name is stamped on the stage for the Bottom Three.

My Bottom Three:
Chikezie
Ramielle
Syesha (although I believe Kristy will be sitting here)


0 comments: