CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

The New Year is Looking Good!
Okay, so it may be to early to tell - but this is starting off to be a great year!
My dh and I are beginning to connect on a new level and it's a very positive thing. Becoming a stronger unit can only help on all aspects of life. Less stress and more apt to be on the same playing field for a change!

Email Subscriptions:
I'm new to the blogger realm. Starting this puppy in October. Did you know you can Subscribe to Blogs? I usually "favorite" my places ... and oh you should see my favorites folders. I really should get in there and clean house too!

You can subscribe to my blog by clicking:
---> Subscribe to Debt Free-dom Fighters by Email

New Poll:

The new poll has been posted and will run a little longer than they have been. You can pick more than one answer if it suits you. One of my worries is being able to live within my means. DH has been assured there will be overtime in our future and should remain there for awhile. I know you aren't supposed to rely on overtime - but it's sure hard not to! Thankfully we've had enough raises that 40 hour paychecks don't KILL us ... but the overtime ones sure make me dance!

I'm being featured:
How about that? I've become a celebrity! Oh, come on! You know I'm more modest than THAT! The truth is, I was asked to fill out a questionaire/interview so I can be featured on: ---> A Momma and the Boys Living on A Budget as one of Theresa's "Frugal Five". I'm not sure when my interview goes "live", but you'll have to watch for it.

No Ebay Listings Yet
Off to the right you will see my FOR SALE sign with things I'm trying to sell in order to make the last bit of money I need to fully pay off my $900 credit card. The ebay listings haven't happened yet, however, if you are new to the game and are starting a budget and want to use envelopes as a way to organize your cash - let me know. I have been printing off my own envelopes since July and if you'd like some made for you, I can do that. You'll have to let me know how many you'll need. There's no set cost on them - Make a donation to "the cause" and figure in shipping costs. Sound Fair?

Found a New Recipe:
We went to our neighbor's for a little while on New Year's Eve and although she's not classically the chef amongst our "group" she had one heck of a yummy and EASY appetizer that I have to share!!!

Kelly's Bacon Wrapped Smokies
1 pack of Hillshire Farm Smokies
1 pound of bacon
Brown Sugar (she didn't give measurements, but I'd say 1/2 cup)
Ziplock Storage Bag

Cut the bacon into thirds and toss into storage bag. Toss smokies into storage bag.
Toss brown sugar into the bag. Seal bag. Mix contents of the bag around until everything has been coated in the brown sugar. Place in refidge overnight. Brown sugar will caramelize. Take bacon and wrap around smokie. Bake until bacon is fully cooked. Serve with toothpicks.

Super Easy! Super Yummy!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, you're really on a roll! :) I feel so with-it right now, I'm hoping the feeling lasts. Like I said, the changing of the chart helps motivate me quite a bit.

We don't do the debt snowball calculator, because our "real" monthly snowball is so terribly small (about $25, really), with all the other stuff just extra - that I get totally depressed when it says that it will be years and years and years before we get out from under the cc's.

It is fun, though, to send great huge chunks of money to the cc's. I love seeing that change! lol

GREAT news that you went down a month - that must be so exciting!

You're doing great, girl - keep it up! Woop woop!

Wendy said...

Don't feel bad Kris, I don't think my current snowball amount is over $50 either. The payoff date is 4/2011 - just in time for our 20th Wedding Anniversary (the goal date)
So I am looking at a long line of number too.

Canadian Saver said...

I just found your blog tonight, and it certainly won't be my last visit. I hope you meet all your goals in 2008... I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!

Wendy said...

canadian saver -

Glad to have you reading! So far the year has been spectacular -- I hope it spreads throughout the rest of the year. Now, THAT would be a wish..and a half!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!