CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our Weekly Menu

In case you hadn't already noticed - I've added a section on Menu Planning on the right side of my blog. I have an ongoing feed to Menus4Moms which gives ideas for weekly menu planning. I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was there and to take a peek at it.

As for my menu planning looks like the Meat Lover will be happy! Pork Loin is on sale and I always have a TON of recipes for Pork Loin! The boys don't mind eating it so often because each recipe tastes totally different from the other one. I have a lot of ingredients already in the pantry so my shopping this week will be a few things I need for my menu and the rest will be staple replacement for the pantry. Hello Aldi! Here I come!!


Monday: Taco Soup
Tuesday: Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Wednesday: Stuffed Peppers
Thursday: Pork Casserole
Friday: Italian Style Meatloaf
Saturday: Tangy Pork Chops with Stuffing
Sunday: Boys on their own


6 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

You'll be eating well this week!! Thanks for posting some of the recipes, it gives me ideas for later on too :-)

Wendy said...

The honey mustard one is my favorite - just not a linkable recipe.

Crunch up a sleeve of Saltines
Take your pork chop, slather it in honey mustard, roll it in the saltines to coat and pan fry it. YUMMMMMMM!!!!

Yes, the boys do like meat meals best -- although that French Toast Bake is definately a favorite around here...and CHEAP!!

Kris said...

Ooh, the honey mustard chops sound good! Wonder if my dh would be willing to try it...hmm...

Love your idea on meal planning - i may start posting mine, too. Maybe we'll start a trend and get a whole lot of new recipes! :)

Wendy said...

The honey mustard chops ARE yummy. What made me try this recipe was because the dh used to love the Stove Top Classics - Honey Mustard. Basically it was Stove Top and the sauce - I don't even know if they make them anymore.

I agree that you should start posting your meals, Kris. I'm not much for the beans and rice diet so my meals aren't $1.00 or whatever, but I like finding new recipes!

Sharon said...

Rachael Ray has a delicious 30 minute meal using pork loin with balsamic vinegar and garlic. I tried it and it is delicious!And, because you heat the oven to 500 degrees, it only takes 20 minutes to cook. - Sharon

Wendy said...

Sharon - That sounds WONDERFUL!!!!
I haven't cooked with Balsamic Vinegar in a long time but used to love it!

Can you post the recipe here or link it if you can find it online?
I'll put on my list to try because I bought enough pork loin for one more meal next week.

Thanks!!