CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Birthday Weekend - Tribute to my 16 year old


Can you remember your 16th birthday?

It was a big year. My father officially allowed me to date, wear SOME makeup although I was supposed to wait until 17. Sense? I got my first car and my first taste of freedom. Well, as much freedom as my family allowed -- which wasn't a lot!

Tommorow is my kid's 16th birthday! Today we're having his party with friends. We're going to the movie theatre to play video games on their big screen. Not the actual movie screen (how cool would THAT be) but their wide screen TV in their entertainment area. Should be fun.

You have so many hopes and dreams for your kids as they get older. Some are your dreams for yourself unfullfilled. Some are lessons that you've had to learn the hard way. I have a lot of hopes for this kid - but most of all, I hope that he grows up to be happy! Everything else is just icing on the cake!

Speaking of cake - I made a DOUBLE CHOCOLATE GOOEY BUTTER CAKE for tonight!

Happy Birthday Nick! I love you!

0 comments: