CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Party is Over

The Tastefully Simple party is over and with pretty decent results. I was able to pick up some goodies to prepare for Christmas and New Years (plus a dip bowl and a spreader! BONUS)

My hostess freebies I selected:
Sun-dried tomato and Feta Cheese Ball Mix
Spinach and Herb Mix
Italian Romano Cheese Ball Mix
and
Go Go Asiago Dip Mix

I did look online and found a copy-cat recipe for Tastefully Simple's yummy Bountiful Beer Bread so I didn't have to pay $6 a box for this. Are you ready? You're going to want to try this!

Tasty Beer Bread

12oz beer (not light or corona)
3 C. self rising flour
1/3 C. sugar
3 Tbsp. butter, melted.


1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with baker's cooking spray.
2. Combine flour and sugar; stir in beer (you might have to use your hands to get it mixed thoroughly). Dough will be sticky.
3. Pour into prepared loaf pan; brush top with melted butter.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from pan and finish cooling.

Since I bought beer for the party (and we don't drink beer) I guess I'll be making this recipe quite often until we run out! LOL

The day after the party we had an ice storm so I wasn't able to get to the grocery store! So, we've been eating party left overs and some pantry reserves for dinner until I can get there.

Did you realize Christmas is like RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER? Am I the only idiot FAR from ready for this? Can someone check my calendar? I could swear it was just November!!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I am soooo not ready for Christmas. I swear it just snuck up this year. We don't even have our tree up yet.

Ugh.

Wendy said...

Oh THANK YOU for admitting that! LOL I say all every morning... "so much to do...so much to do" yet, the list gets done sooooo slooooowly.