CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Amazing Shopping Trip -- Coupon Collecting Pays off

My best friend works at Jewel Foods and she called me with a deal I couldn't pass up!

Select General Mills Cereal and various GM products were on sale for 10 for $20. With your Jewel card it would go down to 10 for $10 as long as you bought 10. Her store imposed no limit so you know little Wendy got out all of the coupons she had either printed off the Internet or got it the newspaper. I did their little deal twice so 20 for $20 plus I had $10.45 in coupons.

2 boxes of Fruity Cheerios
2 boxes of Cinn Toast Crunch
2 boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars
6 boxes of Trix
4 boxes of Cheerios
1 box of Chocolate Chex
3 boxes of Lucky Charms

Total= 9.55 (forty eight cents a box!)

Next trip = Meijer
Since I signed up on their website I could print coupons on select Meijer brand items.
Some good deals to be had -- since you could print out as many coupons as you wanted.

10 bags of salty food snacks (cheetoes, pretzels, popcorn) ALL FREE after coupons!
Chocolate Baking Chips = .50 a bag
Frozen Potatoes or Veggies = .50 a bag
Graham Crackers (a good deal...can't recall what right now)

Needless to say, I had stocked up on some things and that will help in the long run!

3 comments:

Charls King said...

Hi,

Today I have visited your blog and found some quality information. I think you have maintained a great blog. That's why we would like to exchange links with your blog.

My blog is : http://financialideas.wordpress.com/

Please send me your link info.

Waiting for your reply.

With Best Regards,
Charles

Canadian Saver said...

Wow, you get mega deals there!!! Sales + coupons = Awesome Savings!

Kris said...

Hey Wendy - you got some TERRIFIC deals! Don't you love it when you get such great steals? It always brings a warm happy glow to me...kinda like the Walgreens deals from this week. :)

Great job!