CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Disabled Cell Phone = End of the World

Well, Nick has officially killed his cell phone. It put up a heck of a fight, God knows --- but it the end the teenager was named the victor. So a 15 year old, months away from a drivers license, out with friends and NO CELL PHONE! Now, I have to wonder what MY mom thought 23 years ago when it was ME out there....and there was no such thing as a cell phone. We are so connected these days. My son didn't really put up to much of a stink about not having a cell phone. (one less thing he has to pay for) but it was ME who flipped out about his being "out there" and no way to be contacted. How backwards is that? How backwards is it that it was ME that was making FUN of people who were obviously ADDICTED to their cell phone about4 years ago (before I got mine). How backward is it that I used to say my mom was too over protective with me ... yet I feel the need to stay in communication with my kid like I do?

Needless to say, I used blow money to pay for a cheap $20 (shipped) used phone off of eBay. So my withdrawl will be short lived.

0 comments: