CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Has it really been that long since an update?

Hello Wendy! Where have you been?

Looking back - it's been almost two months since my last update. Where the heck have I been? Working for one. Spring means leading the training classes above and beyond my normal work load. With that also comes some nice overtime hours - but less time for other things. More news on the work front - I have been (maybe temporarily) been given an extra day a week. I haven't noticed that so much because with the training, I've been working 6 days a week anyway.

What does this mean for the financial outlook?

We used some of the extra income to re-fund envelopes that had been neglected, did our outside spring maintenance and flowers, put some aside for summer entertainment (you know what they say about ALL WORK AND NO PLAY) and put some aside for our real estate taxes next month as I was a tad short.

My husband's hours are still shortened. They can't seem to make up their minds between 32 and 40 hours. It's been a week to week thing. So my extra hours is also supplementing our regular income when he's not working 40.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel!

It's funny. With the economy being in the shape that it's in - the theme seems to be: Cut back, make concessions, spend less, save more. I've seen so many people struggle with this "new" concept. Since our family has already been doing this, it hasn't phased us. We had the stockpiled groceries to fall back on, stashed cash for a "rainy day" that we haven't needed to use and the knowledge that we needed to stay out of restaurants and bars. You'd be surprised how many people I work with who are complaining - yet go out to drink, eat and I won't even start my rant about those who still smoke with the prices as they are! The truth is the economy nonsense hasn't really touched our business too much. We are still thriving in our tourist town because of the obvious - people will still take day trips even if they can't take week long vacations.

What's next?

As soon as my husband's hours get a little more reliable I will be sending our "stash cash" to debt number one. All our efforts will go to batting that puppy down if not off before the 0% APR special wears off in September. It will be good to get on the "more than mins" wagon and start going gazelle like we were all last year. There is big fun with that! I really miss watching those balances fall.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

It sounds like you are working a lot but it has its benefits, right? It leads to a faster payoff of those debts! I've been swamped too but like that the extra cash is a little insurance for our budget.
Jerry

Debt Settlement said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.