CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Attending: Dave Ramsey's Town Hall for Hope



Marching out of Darkness
If you haven't checked for more locations, check again! I found one extremely close to me so I will be attending this broadcast town hall meeting! I'm very excited to find a positive light and move forward!

April Update
The 40th year has happened to me. Despite the "over the hill" gifts that I was given, I don't feel old or depressed about the landmark birthday. I am going into my 40th year of life with a positive outlook. It's so easy to fall into the negative and point fingers for why you are not happy with your own life. I'm taking control of my own happiness! Sounds like a bit of trouble is in store.

Our financial outlook is still on a teeter totter. My husband's job is a true look at the economy. Some days it looks like things are getting better -- and then it retreats. They hint to the hours coming back to the normal 40 per week, but they make no promises to if it will happen or for how long it will last. In the meantime, my hours are picking up. It's amazing that our budget has withstood this crazy roller coaster ride - but we are still proud to say that we are still a CASH ONLY family! It amazes me when I look back on how dependant we were on credit cards. If you would have told me 3 years ago that I could remotely exist without a credit card I would have laughed in your face! Education is a beautiful thing!

Another 5 paycheck month is upon us too which is always quite helpful in budget making - although we will probably stash it into our Emergency Fund while we watch and wait to see what hubby's job does. I've learned that all is not always what it seems with that place. I'll keep it as a back up plan. I have to say though, when this breaks - there will be a very nice lump sum payment to that lowest debt. I can't even tell you how exciting THAT will be. It's been a long time since I've been able to comfortably do that!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday from a 41 year old! :)

Jerry said...

We have credit cards but we don't use them. They're a little insurance for your credit rating. If we do use them we pay them off each month. Credit isn't *bad*. You just need to know how to work the system. That leads to results.
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

Brandi said...

Happy belated birthday. Today is my 30th, actually. And I found your site by searching for Dave fans. We are on Baby Step #2. Keep up the good work!

Jerry said...

Hope your 40th was awesome! There's no insurance for a great life so your outlook is so positive and healthy. Your life is what you make of it. You never know where it will lead so if you're open to the possibilities it's a heck of a lot more fun.
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am a webmaster maintaining some good finance related sites & blogs. But i belive that only good sites will not increse the site pr & traffic. For that reason healthy content link exchange is important.
Not ordinary link exchange special like article, content, banner, widget link exchange. Becoz this will give extra milage to our sites.
Ur site is realtd to my topic so i am interested abt link exchange with u. Will u?
If yes plz reply me through mail...
nancysix00@gmail.com

I do have some good offers for u which will fulfill ur requirements.

Waiting for ur quick positive reply,
Thanks,
Nancy.

Unknown said...

Hello,

Thanks for the useful information. Your blog really inspires me and makes me want to go out and do something!
____________________________
Repair Credit Score | Bad Credit Repair Advice