CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

When your heart breaks does anyone hear it?

My angel,
My Baby,
My Sunshine,
My Boopans,
My Friend.

Cahoots -
Born 08/06/1988
Died 07/28/2008

Almost 20 years of joy.

People sometimes don't understand that a pet is more than just a cat or a dog or a bird -- they are, indeed, a part of the family - a friend, one who shows you unconditional love.

She's seen me through love, life and tragedy. She's one of my life's greatest blessings. I loved her incredibly and will continue to forever.
She will be missed more than I can even begin to write. My heart breaks. Can you hear it?

What will I ever do with out you, Hoots?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty. I thought my cat was dying this weekend. Fortunately she rebounded! I know what you mean, though. I've had a couple die and it is the loss of a true friend and companion.

Kris said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, Wendy. It's a terrible thing to lose such a friend. :(

Anonymous said...

I stumble upon your blog tonight and read this entry and cried a little. I'm sorry for you loss. I hear you pain. I lost my best kitty-friend of 15 years, 3 years ago and my heart still breaks when I think about him or see his pictures. It just takes time.

Canadian Saver said...

I'm late reading this... I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I totally understand as I'm a big big animal lover... it hurts just as much as losing a human friend, yes.

Hope you feel better {{hugs}}

Wendy said...

Thanks for the comments. It's been rough and with the other kitty (also 20) sick and just everything else going on around me I don't think it's really fully set in yet. I'm able to look at pictures without breaking down completely. But I'm still looking for her when I get home from work. I have a feeling it will all catch up with me.