CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Independence Month 2011

Ummmmmm...... 

Well, things didn't go as I had planned from my last post.  You know what they say about storm clouds?  That came in the form of a February 2011 Blizzard and an injury that kept my husband sidelined for 3 months.  I have one thing to say about that, short term disability isn't extremely helpful in budgeting.  We did get through it without incurring any new debt, so I will call that a battle won. So what did that mean for our plans?  The good news - WE PAID OFF THE MAZDA!  The okay news - we've had some altered schedules and smaller paychecks but the budget is still working.  The bad news - we skipped our anniversary trip AND I still have that one nagging little debt left.  No call to Dave yet. 

One lesson to share:  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY FUND! YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU'LL NEED TO TAP INTO IT! 

Is it just me?
I'm just not finding the incredible deals at the grocery store anymore.  I mean, don't get me wrong.  My stockpile is still functioning, but I think my DOOMSDAY husband may be right, and an increase to our grocery budget is inevitable.  Either that, or I really just have to get back into the mode of planning meals according to sales, and spending more time scouring ads and coupons. 

You can maintain it a lot cheaper than buying a new one!
The Hyundai went into the shop for some maintenance.  I have to say, $500 is sooo much cheaper than buying a new car!!  Going no payments for awhile is just what our budget needs right now. :)

4 comments:

small business loans for women said...

More than buying a new one. I can save a lot of bucks.

debt management said...

The above statement is seen to be contradictory. The situation is very critical and need an experience complainer to resolve it.

CFP Certified Financial Planner said...

Very Well done. Being Debt Free in a world with so high cost of living is a big blessing.

reclaim your mis sold ppi said...

Its good to be here, very nice post, the content is amazing, keep posting friend it will be very helpful for everyone, Thanks for sharing. I really liked it.
Thanks And Regards
mis sold ppi