CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Overtime Cut, but Surgery Postponed.

A little bit of this -- a little bit of that

The economy has caught up with my husband's workplace. At least temporarily. All over time has been cut - which isn't a bad thing considering his knee problem has gotten so much worse. They are on 40 hours a week and not a minute more. Thankfully, we've done so much to get ahead and the stockpile is to a point, that I don't think it will effect us in the least. The snowball just gets stuck on the hill for a little while.

We got the results of the dh's MRI and while the doctor didn't have much to say either optimistically or pessimistically, but we don't have any new answers - however we will have a new doctor. He's transferring us to the University Hospital in Madison. What this ultimately means we bought a little more time before surgery. The nest egg can grow a little more while we wait.

The roller coaster of work is going great for me lately. I've been able to pick up a few extra hours here and there and I'm able to fill my workdays with things that keep me busy. There is nothing worse than not having enough to do to fill your day! It drives me buggy. So while my dh slows down, I'm picking up. It's a good yin and yang that we always seem to have going on.

ChaCha has been going through some growing pains this weekend (which is spreading into the week), but all is good. I'm thankful that I have enough in my ChaCha account to go Christmas shopping without cringing. It's still worth it to me and it's not like I'm not already sitting at my computer anyway, right?

3 comments:

Kris said...

Bummer on your dh's overtime - but how great that you guys were (kind of) anticipating something like this and were saving/stocking up.

I'm kind of surprised that you're not slowing down at work - you work in a restaurant, right? That's great that you haven't felt the pinch there yet. I think this is the weirdest recession we've ever seen...

Jerry said...

I hope dh is ok. I assume you've got insurance through work to cover everything? That would be a huge hole in the budget if not. Things will pick in terms of the economy. It always does. And, hopefully, this new administration will lead to change. We can hope...

Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

Blackjack Trainer said...

Listen, let's not spend more time for it.