CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

American Idol - The Show of Davids

I don't think I'm alone here in thinking that this show is over. It's just a matter of the winner will be an Archuleta or a Cook. But rest assured it will be a David winning this thing. It's just a matter of waiting the time to get to the finale. There are no more surprises left. Brooke and Syesha have been playing in the bottom three (and the bottom two for Syesha) for awhile now. They don't have the fan base. Dreads Castro has the fan base, and that's about all he has. If he cut his dreads off and went bald, I'll bet you the fan base would fall out so fast it would make his head spin.

I loved the faster paced show this week. Idol with music and less filler make me VERY happy! Now if we could just do half hour results show and leave out all the filler THERE I would be EXTREMELY happy!

David Cook, “All I Really Need Is You’
David Cook, “I’m Alive”


My dh doesn't agree with me, but I feel David is a lot like Daughtry. A smart powerful voice! At least THIS year they appreciate it more. Thank Mr. Daughtry for opening the doors to THAT!

Brooke White, “I’m a Believer”
Brooke White, “I Am I Said”


I'm a Believer was an embarrassment! I actually felt bad for her! Hey! I have the perfect career move for Brooke: GO WORK IN A PIANO BAR! They seem to really like you behind the piano best. Since you have no stage presence -- it probably isn't a bad idea.

David Archuleta, “Sweet Caroline”
David Archuleta, “America”


Two of my favorite ND songs! Although, I thought he butchered Sweet Caroline, America was AMAZING!! Record labels are going to eat this kid alive -- chew him up and spit him out after his fifteen minutes of fame are over. But he'll have a good run while it lasts.

Syesha Mercado, “Hello Again”
Syesha Mercado, “Thank the Lord for the Nighttime”


Loved the last song. It's too bad her fan base won't cover her. Jason Castro just has to show up and smile on screen and that will get more votes any performance she will ever do -- it's sad. She's actually very good.

Jason Castro, “Forever in Blue Jeans”
Jason Castro, “September Morn”

I didn't mind either of these two songs. I don't understand what the judges wanted from him. He's a laid back musician who will always give you a laid back performance. He is what he always was. I guess they thought they could mold him into something. Kudos to him for sticking with his style......but I stand by my previous comments of him.

0 comments: